The time to act is now.
- Drive and fly less - walk, bike, carpool, etc.
- Reduce your meat and dairy consumption - even if you go meatless just once or twice a week, it makes an impact!
- Eat more local, seasonal foods, grow your food - less carbon + water footprint.
- Start composting - It's easier than you think.
- Reduce single-use plastic usage (it's made from fossil fuels, which we need to get off of). Switch to reusables whenever possible!
- Get in contact with your local representatives and demand change. Ask them to support better recycling laws, compost bins around the city, etc.
- Talk with your friends and family and encourage sustainable habits. Make it fun!
We still have time to make it right, take action, and make better choices to save our planet - to save us. We can still create change that will keep us within the crucial 1.5 degrees of warming. But we need to halve global carbon emissions by 2030 if we're going to stand a chance.